Why you might be suffering from hepatitis A
Hepatitis A – is a liver condition caused by Hepatitis A virus.
The Disease is not as Fatal as others Hepatitis. Even though the Disease is acute it can cause liver failure.
Hepatitis A can be an epidemic if it terminates food or water since it can spread quickly.
Causes of Hepatitis A
The main cause of Hepatitis A is if A person takes or eats food or drinks or conterminated water with faces of infected person.
And this is how it can happen…..
- If a Guardian or parent changes a child diaper and the child is infected or if he or she cleans the stool of an infected person and afterwards he/she misses to wash hands.
- When an infected person prepares or serves food to people with dirty hands.
But in some instances it can also spread through sexual contact.
Below are some of foods that have a likelihood of getting conterminated with Hepatitis A:- shellfish, fruits, vegetables, ice and water, simply because in most cases these foods are not cooked.
Risk factors of getting Hepatitis A
- Living with an infected person without taking care.
- Sexual activity with an infected person.
- Travelling or visiting areas with high cases of Hepatitis A without immunisations Against it.
- Living or practicing poor sanitation like improper disposal of sewerage and diapers.
- Not Accessing clean and safe drinking water.
Ways of prevention
- Getting immunized against Hepatitis A.
- Practicing good and high sernitation.
- Taking care if you are living with an infected person.
- Accessing clean and safe drinking water.
- Washing you hand after changing diaper or after cleaning stool.
Signs and symptoms of Hepatitis A
These are common signs and symptoms of Hepatitis A
- Dark coloured stool.
- Muscles soreness.